- Website: www.SDBullion.com
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Business Established: March 2012
- BBB Accredited: Yes
- BBB Rating: A+
- Metals Offered: Silver, Gold, Platinum
- Brands Offered: US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Sunshine Mint, NTR, Johnson Matthey, OPM.
- Shipping Charges: $7.77 any sized order!
Silver Doctors Bullion Dealer Review
SD Bullion (aka Silver Doctors) is an online dealer of precious metals which was founded in 2012 by the Silver Doctors network (SilverDoctors.com). Their website offers a wide range of gold, silver & platinum bullion that includes various types of coins and bars. Besides offering bullion with a low price guarantee, they also offer survival food and gear as well as ammo which they call "Lead Bullion."
SD Bullion and The Silver Doctors
Their parent company SilverDoctors.com was founded a year earlier in 2011 as a valuable resource for investors to keep up with current world events, precious metal markets, and other news. After the success of their original website, the founders of Silver Doctors (known as "The Doc" and "Bull Run") set out on a mission to educate the public on the importance of protecting their financial assets. During this time they saw there was a large need for a low-cost bullion dealer in the market and they decided to launch SDBullion.com.
SD Bullion Pricing & Product Selection
SD Bullion offers some of the lowest prices that we have found online for both silver and gold bullion. They stock all of the popular coins like the American Eagle, Canadian Maple Leaf, Chinese Panda, New Zealand Taku and many others as well as silver rounds and bars in a number of sizes. At the time of our review they had about 190 silver products and about 25 gold products listed for sale on their website.
Low Price Guarantee
One unique pricing variable which we believe to be one of the best in the industry is SD Bullion's lowest price guarantee. If you find a lower price on any of their competitors websites, they will match that price. This includes dealers like APMEX, JM Bullion, Modern Coin Mart and Provident Metals. Furthermore, if for whatever reason they cannot match the price, they will send you a free Silver American Eagle.
SD Bullion Website Usability
From looking over SDBullion.com, we found their website to be very user friendly with a convenient site search bar as well as neatly organized categories. You can simply click the "categories" tab at the top of each page and browse their complete inventory based on metal type. The site also uses a checkout process through Authorize.net to ensure that every transaction is processed in a 100% secure environment.
From our experience, SD Bullion appears to have a helpful customer service staff which is knowledgeable and polite. They can be reached via email 24/7 or by telephone Monday - Thursday 9am to 7pm and Friday 9am to 5:30pm EST. They also use an easily accessible live chat feature that is available on all pages of their website during their hours of operation.
Payment Methods Accepted by SD Bullion
SD Bullion accepts a large amount of payment options when ordering anything from their website, including precious metals, ammo and survival gear or food. Below is their breakdown of each accepted payment option along with its min/max order size.
- Bank Wire - When buying from SDBullion.com, this is the preferred method of payment. Bank wires are accepted for all orders and it is the only payment option for orders totaling more than $20,000.
- Personal Check - Personal checks are accepted for all orders totaling up to $19,999.99.
- Cashiers Check - This method is accepted only for orders totaling between $1,000.00 and $9,999.99.
- Postal Money Order - Money orders are only accepted for orders ranging from $1,000.00 to $9,999.99.
- Credit/Debit Card - Debit and Credit Cards are only accepted for orders shipping to addresses in US and Canadian totaling under $1,000.00 USD. *Also note: There is a card processing fee around 3% US, 4% Canada which will be added to your order total if you choose to pay with a Credit/Debit card.
- International orders shipping outside of the United States are required to be pay by bank wire (with the exception of Canada & USA).
SD Bullion Platinum Membership
One of the best ways to receive even better prices and shipping rates is to become an SD Bullion platinum member. Some of the perks include: $6.95 shipping on all orders, expedited shipping and processing times, exclusive discounts, higher debit/credit card limits and a "fax your check" option to expedite orders paid for via paper check. You will automatically be enrolled in this membership status if you have completed 5 or more orders or spend over $25,000 in a calendar year.
Non Bullion Products
Aside from carrying a wide selection of gold, silver and platinum bullion coins, rounds and bars, SD Bullion also stocks a number of non-bullion products. These products include Ammo (or "Lead Bullion" as they call it), survival food, herbal medicines and whole foods.
SD Bullion Complaints
It was hard for us to find any complaints about SD Bullion online. In fact we couldn't find a single complaint online including on other sites like gold dealer reviews, the BBB or elsewhere. From our research they appear to use legitimate marketing techniques and also have no pending lawsuits or government actions which is good. From every indication we can see they appear to be 100% legitimate.
SD Bullion BBB Review & Complaints
SD Bullion's parent company, Doc Investments LLC, has had a BBB file opened since October of 2012. It appears that in April 2014 the company opened a separate BBB file specifically for SDBullion.com. Currently Doc Investments, LLC is not BBB accredited and their file is being updated while SD Bullion has an A+ rating and is fully accredited. Neither of these companies have had any complaints filed against them so far and the BBB currently has no knowledge of any government actions pending against SD Bullion
- 10 oz Sunshine Silver Bars as low as $0.85 oz Over Spot!
- 100 oz RCM Silver Bars as low as $0.49/oz Over Spot!
- Silver Rounds as low as $0.59 Over Spot!
SD Bullion Customer Reviews