- Website: www.JMBullion.com
- Location : Dallas, TX
- Business Established : September 2011
- BBB Accredited : Yes
- BBB Rating : A+
- Metals Offered : Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper
- Brands Offered : PAMP Suisse, Credit Suisse, NTR Metals, Sunshine Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, United States Mint, Perth Mint, OPM, Johnson Matthey, Engelhard, Austrian Mint, Geiger Edelmetalle + more.
- Shipping Rates: Free
JM Bullion Dealer Review
JM Bullion is a fairly new company in the precious metals industry that has been around since September of 2011 and are located in Dallas, TX. JM Bullion carries a large selection of popular gold, silver and platinum coins, rounds and bars that are available at some of the lowest prices online. Aside from bullion, they also offer a wide selection of certified coins and collectibles including modern commemorative, pre-1933 gold and copper bullion. They have one of the most user friendly websites with a simple navigation menu and secure checkout process.
JM Bullion Customer Service
JM Bullion has a customer service staff which is available online via their Live Chat feature or toll free at 1-800-276-6508 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST. Their customer service staff doesn't work off of commission which means they can answer questions or help you out in a low pressure environment which we've found to be a big plus. They are also reachable through email at email@example.com.
JM Bullion Pricing
JM Bullion currently has some of the lowest prices over spot that we have found for physical gold and silver bullion as well as some of the cheapest shipping rates in the industry (free shipping on all orders). The spot prices displayed on JM Bullion's website change by the second and are updated during trading hours, making them extremely accurate. Once you have picked the coins or bars you want to purchase and are in the checkout process, your price is locked in for 10 minutes (this finalizes once you put the order through).
JM Bullion's IRA Program and Secure Storage
JM Bullion offers a Gold IRA program through New Direction IRA which can be set up fairly easily. Once the account is set up, you can purchase metals through JM Bullion and have them shipped to an IRA eligible depository of your choice. JM stocks a wide variety of IRA eligible gold, silver and platinum bullion which can be shipped to an IRA eligible depository of your choice once the IRA account is set up and funded. They also offer IRA specific product pages so you can see all of the bullion that is eligible easily.
Aside from IRA accounts, JM Bullion offers a secure storage program as well which is run through TDS Vaults. This program enables customers to store their metals in any TDS approved depository in the United States, Europe and other parts of the world. TDS has approved vaults in the United States as well as in other countries such as Canada, Switzerland and Singapore.
JM Bullion's Shipping and Insurance Rates
All of JM Bullion's packages are fully insured while on their way to you and ship for free with no additional charges. Orders are shipped either by USPS or UPS with a number of upgraded service options to choose from including overnight, 2 & 3 day select and more (tracking included). They provide updates via email at every stage of the ordering process from when your payment is received to when your package is shipped making it easy to keep track of your order.
Once your order has shipped, you can also track the package directly from your account page. This can be great for seeing when your order is scheduled to be delivered by USPS or UPS. We have found JM Bullion's offer of free shipping on all orders to be a great perk when buying gold or silver bullion online.
JM Bullion BBB Review
JM Bullion BBB Complaints and Rating
JM Bullion has had 92 Complaints with the BBB over the past three years which averages out to about 24 per year. A majority of these complaints fall under the "problems with products/services" category. According to the BBB, JM Bullion has made a good faith effort to resolve each issue. Currently the company's BBB profile shows that they have an A+ rating. At the time of our review there were no known government actions filed against the company and they appeared to use legitimate marketing techniques.
Payment Methods Accepted by JMBullion
When buying gold or silver from JMBullion.com you have the option to pay by check, bank-wire transfer, credit card or PayPal. Below we will explain the requirements and restrictions for each method of payment.
- Paper Check - When paying by paper check there is no minimum order requirement. Also keep in mind that this includes cashier's checks and money orders as well as personal checks. For a paper check payment there is a maximum of $10,000 for first time customers.
- Bank-Wire Transfer - When paying by bank wire your order must be at least $2,500. When choosing this method, you will receive a 4% discount over the credit card price. For first time customers there is a maximum order size of $100,000.
- Credit Card - When paying for your order using a credit card keep in mind that you will be charged a 4% processing fee. There is also a lower maximum order of $5,000. (Debit or American Express Gift Cards count as a Credit Card payment)
- PayPal - When paying by PayPal there is a $10,000 maximum order size with the standard minimum of $100. JM Bullion states that all orders paid for using PayPal must be shipped to the verified PayPal shipping address because of a higher risk of fraud associated with this method. Like credit card orders, PayPal orders are also subject to a 4% processing charge.
What Does JM Bullion Stand For?
A common misconception is that JM Bullion stands for Johnson Matthey Bullion or that JMBullion.com is associated with the Johnson Matthey brand; a longlasting precious metal producer. This is not true, in fact it is a combination of both JM founders first initials. There is actually no association between Johnson Matthey and the online retailer; JM Bullion, though they do carry some of Johnson Matthey's gold and silver bars.
JMBullion.com Complaints and Scams
Is JM Bullion a Scam?
To the best of our knowledge we believe JM Bullion is most likely not a scam. They seem to be a reputable online precious metal retailer with a focus on providing quality products at industry leading prices. Since JM's conception in September of 2011 they have had over 150,000 completed orders and tens of thousands of satisfied customers which is enough in our minds to assume that they are legit. Most of the complaints we found that were filed against them with the BBB and other review sites have been resolved.
JMBullion.com currently offers some of the lowest prices over spot on all of the most popular gold and silver bullion products such as; American Gold and Silver Eagles, Canadian Gold and Silver Maple Leafs, PAMP Suisse Products, Perth Mint bars and coins, Engelhard and Johnson Matthey bars along with other brands. Through our research, many of the past scams associated with precious metal dealers involved the dealer up-selling its customers on more expensive coins. Because this company has a "low-price" business model, we don't believe they are a scam.
- 1 oz Sunshine Silver Round (New, MintMark SI) as low as $0.85 over spot ($15.21/coin)
- 1 oz Sunshine Silver Bar (New, MintMark SI) as low as 95¢/oz over spot ($15.31/bar)
- 1 oz SilverTowne Prospector Stackable Silver Round (New) as low as $1.19/oz over spot ($15.53/coin)
- 1 oz Sunshine American Flag Silver Bar (New) as low as $1.19/oz over spot ($16.19/bar)
JM Bullion Customer Reviews